locked
AD site and services in Exchange CAS RRS feed

  • General discussion

  • Hi All,

    We have migrated from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 successfully. we have total 22 sites, all the sites have dedicated additional domain controllers with global catalog server. We have migrated Primary domain controller from Richmond Data center to New Jersey.Currently We have four Exchange CAS servers and they use in Windows NLB the CAS array name arrary.domain.local.

    We have checked Client access array using get-clientaccessarray we found site name defined richmond site. 

    Also we have checked all the Client Access Servers using get-clientaccess server and found the same site defined.

    Now we are facing some outlook performance issues, so i am suspecting this is causing the issues.

    Is it ok, or can we change it to New Jersey site name?

    Please advice.

    Regards


    Ganga Enterprise Messaging Administrator-Exchange 2010. Windows 2008 Active Directory Configuring.

    Thursday, August 2, 2012 8:30 PM

All replies

  • This forum is for program development, so you should try to use a more appropriate forum, such as Deploy or Administration for this type of question.

    If the Client Access Server Array is in a different site, then it should be changed to reflect that site.

    If the Client Access Server is in showing up in the wrong CAS array, then you may need to go into ADSI Edit find the server at CN=SERVER_NAME,CN=Servers,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,CN=Org_Name,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=com and change the msExchServerSite property.


    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

    Saturday, August 4, 2012 12:14 AM