@Vijaye : I fail to have my extension to work with 0.7 RRS feed

• Question

• As I've found free time to perform the update from 0.6 to 0.7, the first step was to recompile the DLL using the new library. It seems to work whithout any problem, but when I place the DLL in the /lib folder, it get unrecognized by Small Basic, as if I was using an old version of SmallBasicLibrary.dll.

Could you test on your system, debug the app so, and tell me why SB reject the file ?

Thanks,
    Fremy

Fremy - Developer in VB.NET, C# and JScript ... - Feel free to try my extension
    Monday, November 2, 2009 4:51 PM

Answers

All replies

• Are you using VS2010?  If so, you need to make the project target .Net Fx 3.5 instead of 4.0.
    Monday, November 2, 2009 6:35 PM
  • No, I'm still using VS2008 :D

Good hypothese, though !

Monday, November 2, 2009 7:52 PM
  • I did a simple test and the lib functionality seems to be working.  Let me try and recompile your extension.  Do you have the sources somewhere?
    Monday, November 2, 2009 8:39 PM
  • Actually, I used your library (http://cid-201f3835d49587fe.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/Small%20Basic/lib.zip) and I found that the assembly loader throws exceptions trying to look for SmallBasicLibrary v0.6.  Are you sure you rebuilt your library cleanly?

Monday, November 2, 2009 8:55 PM
  • Actually, I used your library (http://cid-201f3835d49587fe.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/Small%20Basic/lib.zip) and I found that the assembly loader throws exceptions trying to look for SmallBasicLibrary v0.6.  Are you sure you rebuilt your library cleanly?

The problem was the 'Version specific' flag on the SmallBasicLibrary.dll reference, which was set to false. Setting it to true seems to have fixed the problem. Maybe a compilation cache problem, as you noticed.

Thanks for your help
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 4:32 PM