none
CLR 4.0.30319.239 internal error 80131506 RRS feed

• Question

• It has happened twice in 6 months. I have not experienced any other errors all this time.

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
      <Provider Name="Application Error" /> 
      <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> 
      <Level>2</Level> 
      <Task>100</Task> 
      <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> 
      <TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-03-05T10:29:18.000000000Z" /> 
      <EventRecordID>23910</EventRecordID> 
      <Channel>Application</Channel> 
      <Computer>MYSERVER</Computer> 
      <Security /> 
      </System>
    - <EventData>
      <Data>MYServer.exe</Data> 
      <Data>1.0.0.0</Data> 
      <Data>4ef50f12</Data> 
      <Data>clr.dll</Data> 
      <Data>4.0.30319.239</Data> 
      <Data>4e1822f4</Data> 
      <Data>c0000005</Data> 
      <Data>000000000018c97d</Data> 
      <Data>d74</Data> 
      <Data>01ccf0f2b4937ebe</Data> 
      <Data>D:\MYServer\MYServer.exe</Data> 
      <Data>C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll</Data> 
      <Data>0fb7240e-66ae-11e1-9285-001b21afa6e7</Data> 
      </EventData>
      </Event>

I hope there is an expanation to this. Other similar posts didn't help.

Monday, March 5, 2012 12:03 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Here's a another thread where I explained a little bit more what this failure means http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/clr/thread/25ce2de0-1556-4f1f-979d-420bdd212abf/ (see my answer).

My rule of thumb is: Does it happen on 1 machine only, then it is most likely HW error. Does it happen only on the same type of machine setup (same SW, same HW), then it is likely some driver or invasive SW (like antivirus) bug. Those are hard to nail down.
    If you don't have repro and it happens only rarely, the best thing you can do is collect heap dumps. That might or might not help you to understand what is the problem. If it does not help you, you will need some expert to look at it. The chance that the dump will be useful and sufficient to pin down the problem is unfortunately not very high. The cost of these investigations is however high (in both time and money). If you are willing to spend the money, you can contact Microsoft support (I think the policy is that they will not charge you if it turns out to be a problem in Microsoft product - the chance of that is however pretty small).

I am sorry that I don't have better news for you. I hope it at least helps you understand what you are facing.
    -Karel

Friday, March 9, 2012 6:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Theodore,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

Can you reproduce this scenario ? Or you can post what operation is executed when the error occurs here. 

I have found this similar thread: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-NZ/clr/thread/40e8e7e7-d051-49b7-ba2c-509b210a9736

The 'Fatal Execution Engine Error' (80131506) is pretty general and can be caused by many things. It is impossible to say more about it without detailed information. If you are able to create a simplified repro (which repros in minutes rather than a day), then there's a chance we can find out what's wrong.

If you have a simplified repro, I would recommend to search through already reported bugs on MS Connect (https://connect.microsoft.com) and/or file a new bug there.

Another important information is if the bug is reproducible on more than one machine and if it is affected by other software installed on the machine. Having that information would help too.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 3:46 PM
  • Hello Mike,

Unfortunately I cannot replicate the problem. As mentioned it has happened twice in six months. That specific application runs 24/7 on a datacenter (multithreaded server) and except these 2 issues (random to my perception) no other systemic error has occurred.

If there is any other information that I may be able to provide from the logs, please explain.

Thursday, March 8, 2012 12:21 PM
  • Hello,

Here's a another thread where I explained a little bit more what this failure means http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/clr/thread/25ce2de0-1556-4f1f-979d-420bdd212abf/ (see my answer).

My rule of thumb is: Does it happen on 1 machine only, then it is most likely HW error. Does it happen only on the same type of machine setup (same SW, same HW), then it is likely some driver or invasive SW (like antivirus) bug. Those are hard to nail down.
    If you don't have repro and it happens only rarely, the best thing you can do is collect heap dumps. That might or might not help you to understand what is the problem. If it does not help you, you will need some expert to look at it. The chance that the dump will be useful and sufficient to pin down the problem is unfortunately not very high. The cost of these investigations is however high (in both time and money). If you are willing to spend the money, you can contact Microsoft support (I think the policy is that they will not charge you if it turns out to be a problem in Microsoft product - the chance of that is however pretty small).

I am sorry that I don't have better news for you. I hope it at least helps you understand what you are facing.
    -Karel

Friday, March 9, 2012 6:24 AM