can you develop in silverlight 4 and silverlight 5 at the same time RRS feed

• Question

• is it possible to have Silverlight 4 and Silverlight 5 SDKs installed on the same PC and do development in both of them? (different projects).

Thanks -

--woody

Saturday, August 19, 2017 2:23 AM

Answers

• Hi woody,

Yes, you can develop Silverlight 4 and Silveright 5 project at the same time in different projects.

I have installed both Silverlight 4 and Silverlight 5 SDKs on my machine and when I create a new Silverlight project, it will let me choose which version of Silverlight.

But please not, you need to install the Silverlight 4 before installing Silverlight 5. Because if you install Silverlight 5 first, it will prompt you that there has high version of Silverlight installed when installing Silverlight 4.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by c w butler jr Monday, August 21, 2017 1:43 PM
    Monday, August 21, 2017 1:24 AM

All replies

• Hi woody,

Yes, you can develop Silverlight 4 and Silveright 5 project at the same time in different projects.

I have installed both Silverlight 4 and Silverlight 5 SDKs on my machine and when I create a new Silverlight project, it will let me choose which version of Silverlight.

But please not, you need to install the Silverlight 4 before installing Silverlight 5. Because if you install Silverlight 5 first, it will prompt you that there has high version of Silverlight installed when installing Silverlight 4.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by c w butler jr Monday, August 21, 2017 1:43 PM
    Monday, August 21, 2017 1:24 AM
  • Sigh. Of course you must.

Hopefully uninstalling the Silverlight 5 SDK will let me install the SL4 SDK.

Thanks for the positive answer tho - maybe there's hope for this yet!

--woody

Monday, August 21, 2017 1:43 PM