none
No Templates!

General discussion

• Okay, so first I open visual studio. Then, when it's opened, there's an error under Team Explorer (Offline) that says, "Page '3185ed96- 1cdb-4381-a439-636973542e50' not found." That may be contributing to the main problem, but I don't know, here's the main problem though. So when I click "New Project..." on the left side of the screen, there's literally nothing there. It says at the top, "No items found." I don't know if it's the location I have the folder set on or the .NET Framework I'm using or anything. I'm just so confused by the fact that there's literally nothing I can find on here. That's the main problem, though. There's no templates that I can find. Please help. Thank you! Drop suggestions, please.
    • Moved by CoolDadTxMVP Tuesday, February 21, 2017 1:11 AM VS related
    Monday, February 20, 2017 10:31 PM

All replies

• In the Add new Project dialog you should see a list of project types on the left side including Visual C# and Visual C++. On the right side you should see the templates available for the one's you selected.

It is possible you didn't select any valid programming languages when you installed VS. The assumption here is that you actually installed VS Community and it didn't get installed for you when you install another tool like SSMS or something. Go back and run the installer again. Then under Programming Languages in the components screen ensure that you've selected at least 1 language like C++ or VB or F#. They should then show up in the project dialog.

If that still doesn't work then consider repairing the installation.

Michael Taylor
    http://www.michaeltaylorp3.net

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 1:11 AM
  • Hi Optimus414,

I agree with Michael Taylor “It is possible you didn't select any valid programming languages when you installed VS”, so you need to check this first.

If you have selected valid programming languages, you can try to use “devenv /ResetSettings” brings up all VS templates, type below command in the command prompt:

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE 

(Note that: This is IDE path of my Visual Studio, you need change the path for your Visual Studio.)

Then type:

"devenv /resetsettings"

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 12:16 PM