Business Scorecard Manager 2005 Webpart problem RRS feed

• Question

• Problem with the Business Scorecard Manager 2005(Maestro) on an Analysis Services cube of SQL Server 2005 Apr CTP

While using the Office Report View Webpart (Pivot Table) in WSS, cannot see the Toolbar with the Save option.

So if i create a Pivot table with the Dimensions & measures, click another link and come back to this page, the Pivot table gets reset without any fields

Any solution?

Tuesday, November 8, 2005 1:06 PM

Answers

• From the engineer and product team:

The OWC.chartshap control does not have a save button. If it was removed in the current version, that call was made by the product team and you would need to submit a request to MSWish.

The saving of PivotTable configurations is done at design time in the Business Scorecard Builder. This is where metadata is authored, not on the web-based OWC component, which is for ad hoc analysis. The product documentation should provide some additional information on authoring.

thanks,
    -brenda (ISV Buddy Team)

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 7:09 PM

All replies

• We'll look into this for you... stay tuned.
    -brenda (ISV Buddy Team)
    Thursday, November 10, 2005 5:11 PM
  • Per one of our support engineers:

The Business Scorecard Manager 2005 requires Microsoft SQL ServerTM 2005 September 2005 Community Technology Preview. So the Analysis Services cube of SQL Server 2005 Apr CTP does not meet the minimal request of the Business Scorecard Manager 2005.

You can get the detail information in the Readme file of the server installation folder.

Business Scorecard Manager Server Prerequisites

You must install the following prerequisite software in this order before installing the Business Scorecard Manager Server Web services:

1.      Microsoft Windows Server™ 2003 with Service Pack (SP) 1

2.      Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 with ASP.NET 1.1 enabled

3.      Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 6

4.     Microsoft SQL ServerTM 2005 September 2005 Community Technology Preview

Note: To install Business Scorecard Manager Server on a computer on which SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services is already installed, you must run SQL Server 2000 Analysis Services PivotTable® Service Lite SP 4 (Ptslite.exe). This is installed when you install SQL Server 2000 Analysis Services SP 4. For more information, see Analysis Services Programming Redistributing Components.

5.      SQLXML 3.0 SP 3 (This is required if you use SQL Server Alerts.) Download SQLXML 3.0 SP 3.

6.      MSXML 4.0 with SP 2. Download this from the Microsoft Download Center.

7.      ADOMD.NET 8.0. Download this from the Microsoft Download Center.

Note: If you upgrade to SQL Server 2005 after you have installed the Business Scorecard Manager Server Web service, you must set your default Web site to use ASP.NET 1.1. Otherwise SQL Server 2005 might change the version the Web site used to ASP.NET 2.0. To set your default Web site to use ASP.NET 1.1, enter the following command at the command prompt:

%SystemRoot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322 aspnet_regiis.exe -s metabase-path

where metabase-path is the path to your Web site, for example W3SVC/1/ROOT.

Business Scorecard Manager Web Parts Prerequisites

The following components are prerequisites for Business Scorecard Manager Web Parts in the order in which they should be installed:

1.      Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with SP 1

3.      Internet Information Services 6

4.      Microsoft SharePoint® Portal Server 2003 or Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 2.0

SQL Server Reporting Services Prerequisites

The following components are prerequisites for SQL Server Reporting Services:

1.      Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with SP 1

3.      Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.

4.      SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services (For more information, see Installing Reporting Services.)

Note: If you install SQL Server Reporting Services and have already installed either Windows SharePoint Services or SharePoint Portal Server on the same computer, there is a known issue with their not functioning properly together. See Troubleshooting a Side-by-Side Installation of Reporting Services and Windows SharePoint Services.

Business Scorecard Manager Server Database Prerequisites

Install SQL Server 2005 to set up your Business Scorecard Manager Server database.

I hope this helps resolve your issue.
    -brenda (ISV Buddy Team)

Monday, November 14, 2005 7:17 PM
  • I think we are diverting from the query.
    I had followed the installation readme.
    The db version should not be the problem here.

The query is
    " Why doesn't the Office Report View Webpart (Pivot table) have a Save button like the older OWC webparts"
    Thursday, November 17, 2005 6:04 AM
  • From the engineer and product team:

The OWC.chartshap control does not have a save button. If it was removed in the current version, that call was made by the product team and you would need to submit a request to MSWish.

The saving of PivotTable configurations is done at design time in the Business Scorecard Builder. This is where metadata is authored, not on the web-based OWC component, which is for ad hoc analysis. The product documentation should provide some additional information on authoring.

thanks,
    -brenda (ISV Buddy Team)

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 7:09 PM
  • I have a similar problem. I installed exactly to the directions. When I looked for Item 9 on the software list, Microsoft OLE DB Provider for OLAP Services (MSOLAP) 8.0, I found it does not exist. It's actually part of MDAC which should have been installed as part of SQL Server 2000 SP4 (which I had already installed). So I proceeded, and got the error. I then went back and installed the MDAC components and was able to proceed. But during the install I decided I wanted to install SQL Server Reporting Services, and canceled so I could install that software. But SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services install failed because it wanted to SQL Server SP3a instead of SP4 - and apparently it is not a graceful abort, as it left some files on my system that caused the BSM Server software to fail when I tried to install it next - I got error message saying Microsoft OLE DB Provider for OLAP Services (MSOLAP) 8.0 could not be found, even though it had previously found it.

I then tried to remove all components installed after the MDAC and reinstall them in order, and that did not fix the problem. I also tried to manually replace the MSOLAP80.dll file in the Common folder with the later version - no luck.

Any suggestions at this point other than starting with a fresh install of Server 2003 including reformat of the drive? Can someone tell me what registry keys to delete to resolve this?

Thursday, December 22, 2005 1:47 AM