Sharing via mail for microsoft.com ID RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

I have a doubt regarding the sharing feature for a windows 8 app via Mail app. When I try to share some information via mail app, its asks for a live account(since i havent logged in even once in that mail app), but it doesn’t accept Microsoft.com IDs (since this is an organizational ID and cant be used as the default ID for windows 8). However If I go the mail app separately, enter a live ID(not my organisational ID) and then add my Microsoft ID(outlook account ID) there, I can share the information I want using that account the next time i try to share from my app.

My query is that, is there any way to add and access the Microsoft account without going to the mail app seperately? If anyone has faced this issue please let me know.

Thank you.

PS:another query i have is my app uses user information and in windows 8.1, you have to go to privacy settings and change the setting(just one toggle button) to allow apps to access user information. So is there any way i can ask for that permission for that from my app itself?

Friday, July 19, 2013 10:12 AM

Answers