none
How to debug a WES deployed in IIS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a simple demo set up with a client talking to a WES through a proxy. The WES is deployed normally in IIS. I want to put breakpoints into the WES and debug certain methods in it when they are invoked by the client, problem is that when I put the breakpoints in they are ignored, why is this? I am building the WES dll in debug mode. I tried programatically putting breakpoints in but this just crashed visual studio when it tried to load up all the relevant symbols. Is there some special technique I have to use for debugging since the WES is deployed inside IIS?

John

Monday, November 12, 2007 11:10 AM

All replies

• HI John,

You will have to attach the debugger to the worker process which happens to be w3wp.exe in IIS 6.0 , Win 2k3 envt.

Please follow the steps:

1. Reset the IIS using iisreset command.
    2. Browse for the WSDL of the WES.
    3. In the VS 2005 attach the debugger to the worker process.
    4. Put the break points at the right statements.

Please note that the code you have opened should be the one which is in IIS.

Regards,

Rishabh Kapoor.

Monday, November 12, 2007 2:42 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for that, in point number 2 when you say Browse for the WSDL of the WES, what do you mean, where exactly should I be browsing for the WSDL?

John

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 8:46 AM
  • Hi John,

All what I meant by browsing is to open the URL of the WES in IE. This will start the worker process and then you can attach the debugger.

Hope this helps,

Rishabh Kapoor

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 1:44 PM