Lightswitch HTML / Cloud Business App - 401 Unauthorized (Timeout?) RRS feed

• Question

• We have developed a Lightswitch HTML/Cloud Business App for SharePoint.  It is deployed to an Azure website as a "Provider-Hosted" app and installed as an app in SharePoint on Office365.  It has several data sources (Azure SQL DB, SharePoint Document Library, RIA Datasource to a Azure Service Bus relay).  The user is authenticated through Office365 and launches the app from a SharePoint site.

Everything work well.  The user opens the app and can create or edit record(s) from the Azure SQL database.  However, if the user leaves the app open for an extended period of time, they receive a 401 Unauthorized error and must refresh the app to continue.  This is a particular problem when the user has unsaved changes.  These changes are lost and must be re-entered by the user.

It seems like this is some type of an inactivity timeout.  However, I cannot find any documentation describing how this functions.  The timeout seems fairly short less than 1 hour. 

Any advice or direction would be appreciated. Thanks Tom.

Thursday, August 14, 2014 5:46 PM

Answers

• Hi Thomaszv,

According to your description above, you deploy your LS app to Azure website, and 401 Unauthorized access error message occurs after an extended period of time . It seems to be a timeout issue.

Azure provides built-in diagnostics to assist with debugging an application hosted in Azure Web Sites.

For this issue, it's recommended to enable diagnostic logging and add instrumentation to your application, as well as how to access the information logged by Azure. It will give some hints why this happens.

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.                     

Best regards,

Angie 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, August 25, 2014 2:05 AM
    Tuesday, August 19, 2014 8:40 AM