i cannot log in to my computer because I don't have a default username and password

Question

• i have installed the WDP but i cannot get passed the login screen as i was never prompted to make a username and account and i cant even sign in using my windows live ID! what do i do? my computer is a netbook and i do not have any discs to reinstall windows xp! is there a default user name and password i can use?
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 4:09 AM

All replies

• Andrew122423234,

There is not a default username and password for Windows Developer Preview.  I would recommend that you contact the manufacturer of your device and get a copy of your original Operating System to reinstall on your machine.

Thanks,

Chris
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 4:18 PM
  • If your Windows Live account is longer than 16 characters, try using just the first 16 characters and leave off any other characters.
    Windows Developer Preview will not accept a Windows Live ID password that is longer than 16 characters.
    Then see if you can logon to Windows Developer Preview.

If that is not your issue, you would have to reinstall either your previous operating system as Chris stated or try again with installing Windows Developer Preview.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 5:58 PM
  •  i do not have any discs to reinstall windows xp!
    You may use any Windows XP disk to carry on the repairs. Please get more info on how to go about this, and only if you have installed WDP on a separate drive than the XP.

Irfan

• Edited by Irfanfare Friday, December 30, 2011 5:01 PM Was unsure, so deleted the rest.
    Friday, December 30, 2011 4:28 PM
  • try this:

reboot ur netbook.

press F8 adter reboot and choose command windows

and type this :

net user administrator /active:yes

if you get this screen

Now yo have an access via the master account with ou password

login using it

and reconfigure your account

Good Luck

Friday, December 30, 2011 8:38 PM
  • Hello Andrew122323234,

Are you still experiencing problems with not being able to logon to your Windows Developer Preview operating system?
    Please reply back with an update to your issue.

Thanks,
    Marilyn
    Sunday, January 1, 2012 6:31 PM