Creating device identity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, am new to Azure. Trying to set up network and have created the IOT Hub and added the sensor in the device explorer. However, i really have difficulty trying to create device identity using node.js. Tried to follow some of e instructions online but to no avail. Can anyone help me pls ?

In the overview, there is a graphical display on the usage showing 1782/8k under messages. Does it mean that data is already received ? If so do i still need to create device identity ? i would like to customise the display to show the temperature and pressure in the dashboard. 

Appreciate any advice =)

Friday, March 17, 2017 7:42 AM

All replies

• To answer the first part of your question you can look at the registry_sample.js file in Azure IoT SDK for Node repository samples folder.

The second part of your question makes me think you have deployed and Azure IoT Suite preconfigured solution, right? If that's the case, then the preconfigured solution comes with device simulators that indeed send data to the solution through IoT Hub.

If you have not deployed an Azure IoT Suite solution, but simply created an instance of the IoT Hub service (and not a full Azure IoT Suite solution), and you are seeing messages flowing in, that means you have a device that is successfully sending data to it which means this device has been provisioned with a valid device ID and key.

Friday, March 17, 2017 9:55 PM