IE9 window.location.href is not working RRS feed

• Question

• In my JSP page, I have used the following javascript code for assigning url to the frame. This code works well in native IE7 and IE8 but not in IE9 or IE9 compatibility mode. While using IE9, after making the first time selection of the command link (Say CONFIRM button) it works fine, and the required data is retrieved, where as on performing the second or next selection of the same command, the system throws an error/not responding.

After resetting  the IE9 advanced settings, we found the same was working fine.... and not for the consequent requests.
    Request for your Expert Advice. 

<SCRIPT type="text/javascript">
    var loc=window.parent.frames["mainframe"];
    loc.document.location.href='<%=request.getContextPath()%>/SchedularComponent/SchedularPage.jsp?item=<%=code%>&type=<%=item_type%>';
    </SCRIPT>
     <%
            logger.info("Returning to Divertor code="+code);

}

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 1:35 PM

All replies

• Hi Parthban Raja,

What is the exact error message like?  Could you create a html example that we can go to reproduce this problem?

Here we discuss about web development including HTML, CSS and Script of IE, for JSP quetion please ask on JSP dedicated forum.

Thanks.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com
    Microsoft One Code Framework
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 8:07 AM