none
Where is the System.Web.Http assembly which runtime version is 4.0.30319 and version is 5.2.3.0 RRS feed

• Question

• when I create Asp.net webapi website with visual studio template, I found the project  has referenced System.Web.Http assembly which runtime version is 4.0.30319 and version is 5.2.3.0, when I right click the References item and select "add Reference",

System.Web.Http isn't selected.

visual studio 2017

this make me confused.

please help me ,thank you.

Monday, July 31, 2017 2:32 AM

Answers

• Hi CrazyOldPotato,

Based on your description and related image, I create simple web API, because System.Web.Http belong to the package named Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.Core, which installed by default and we don't need to add reference to our project by manually.

And also, I try to add reference System.Web.Http by manually, but I could not find related reference. it seems that you install related component.

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 31, 2017 4:42 AM

All replies

• Hi CrazyOldPotato,

Based on your description and related image, I create simple web API, because System.Web.Http belong to the package named Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.Core, which installed by default and we don't need to add reference to our project by manually.

And also, I try to add reference System.Web.Http by manually, but I could not find related reference. it seems that you install related component.

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 31, 2017 4:42 AM
  • Thank You for answering my thread.
    Tuesday, August 1, 2017 6:03 AM