none
Getting primary address/sip from the alias RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am sending a appointment with alias name. When he responds I am getting the smptp address/primary smtp address/sip. Now this is leading to confusion. Is there any way I can know the primary smtp address from alias name ?

Note: There can be a case where receiver might be in another exhange server.

Thank you

_________________________________________________ Suneel Kumar Vanapalli

Thursday, August 2, 2012 9:52 AM

Answers

• If the recipient is in another Exchange organization all you can know is the SMTP address they used to respond to the meeting invitation or the address you sent to. If they are within your organiztion you can get the AddressEntry object corresponding to that recipient and get the primary SMTP address from that.

--
    Ken Slovak
    [MVP-Outlook]
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007
    "Suneel Kumar Vanapalli" <=?utf-8?B?U3VuZWVsIEt1bWFyIFZhbmFwYWxsaQ==?=> wrote in message news:2b4e689c-5bbe-45fb-b286-63116fce505e...

Hi,

I am sending a appointment with alias name. When he responds I am getting the smptp address/primary smtp address/sip. Now this is leading to confusion. Is there any way I can know the primary smtp address from alias name ?

Thank you

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Thursday, August 2, 2012 6:33 PM

All replies

• When the alias is resolved, does Recipient.Address on the meeting request match the address of the reply?

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.3 is now available!

Thursday, August 2, 2012 6:26 PM
  • If the recipient is in another Exchange organization all you can know is the SMTP address they used to respond to the meeting invitation or the address you sent to. If they are within your organiztion you can get the AddressEntry object corresponding to that recipient and get the primary SMTP address from that.

--
    Ken Slovak
    [MVP-Outlook]
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007
    "Suneel Kumar Vanapalli" <=?utf-8?B?U3VuZWVsIEt1bWFyIFZhbmFwYWxsaQ==?=> wrote in message news:2b4e689c-5bbe-45fb-b286-63116fce505e...

Hi,

Thank you

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Thursday, August 2, 2012 6:33 PM