none
Reading and rendering RGDI RRS feed

• Question

• Are there any samples of reading an rendering an RGDI stream from a remote report server into a GDI object that can then be sent to a printer. I need to write something that will print in the background from a service that will not have any way to interact with a user for automated printing. All I can find is the RGDI documentation and I'm having a hard time translating it into english or C# structures.
    Monday, August 2, 2010 2:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• Please take look at Brian Hartman's blog entry: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/brianhartman/archive/2009/02/27/manually-printing-a-report.aspx.

It contains code for a class that you can probably just add to your project and use it to print your report by passing to it the ReporViewer.ServerReport object.

Cephas Lin This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
    • Marked as answer by Wasabi_Sushi Tuesday, August 3, 2010 12:00 PM
    Monday, August 2, 2010 3:32 PM
  • I had code from a similar one. I think the key was to use the IMAGE format with OutputFormat tag set to EMF. When I did that, the report seems to be created correctly in the GDI and the report prints.

Thanks.

Half the fun of this is knowing what combinations do what but it is so hard to find the details in the general documentation. We often explain the parameters for functions/methods but do a poor job of documenting all of the possible combinations and what side effects they have. Also if there are documents, the API documents only contain useage and the details are in some other specification somewhere else. Often one or both are hard to find.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010 12:04 PM