Deployed Debug

Question

• Hi Everyone

I have a Cortana voice command associated with my phone application. This works perfectly when I deploy to the device with Visual Studio and run it.

However when the application is run as the released version downloaded from the store the Cortana command starts but the application blows up. When Cortana launches the application the app has some exception and does not launch.

What is the best way to debug this? Everything works fine when I debug on the actual hardware device from Visual Studio.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 9:34 PM

Answers

• Hi Matt

Thanks for your response.

Where would I get the crash dump?

Also I figure out my problem. What was helpful was the ability to start the debugger without starting the application. For others who might see this thread you can change this setting on the property page of the project on the debug tab.

Thursday, October 9, 2014 2:27 PM

All replies

• The Store should offer you a debug dump when it crashes. Do you get those?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, October 9, 2014 12:24 PM
  • Hi Matt

Thanks for your response.

Where would I get the crash dump?

Also I figure out my problem. What was helpful was the ability to start the debugger without starting the application. For others who might see this thread you can change this setting on the property page of the project on the debug tab.

Thursday, October 9, 2014 2:27 PM