License expires/ error occured on script while signing in RRS feed

• Question

• My visual studio community license expired. When the prompt to sign in to my microsoft account pops up I click the sign up link, start entering my log in info, it begins loading saying "were sending you to the microsoft page or something similar and then I get this error : 

"an error has occured in the script on this page" (I tried a screen shot but it wouldn't let me)

Please advice, comments, questions, solution. I am in dire need as I am in a course where visual studio is essential. 

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 11:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Coleb,

Please update IE to newest version, now is version 11 in my side:

And set IE as the default browser to have a try.

See more troubleshooting here if needed:  https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/e8fb58cf-35fb-4653-8d00-93f51e7cda31/troubleshooting-connections-from-internet-explorer-visual-studio-to-visual-studio-online?forum=TFService

Best regards,

Fletch

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 2:45 AM
  • Hi Coleb,

What about this issue now?

(1)The IE version is a path.

(2) Please make sure that you could sign in using the window.live site, and make sure that it is not the account issue or the network issue.

(3) Please enable the Script in your IE, clean all IE cache, and then re-sign it again.

(4) Please also sign in it for several times, maybe it is the server issue.

If you get any latest information, please feel free to share it here.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 10:17 AM