none
Http -> Azure Sql Database Queue

Question

• Hi,

I'm fairly new to the Data Factory, but it seems like a very powerful tool. I have a project in which I've created a couple of pipelines that triggers every night. This has been running for the past couple of months without any issues. But today, while working on a new pipeline, something seems to have gotten stuck. This pipeline run should have taken at most 20 seconds, but has been stuck in some sort of queue for almost 5 minutes (at the time of the screenshot - I cancelled the job after 41 minutes). The same thing is happening on all pipelines in this project (they all post data to the same SQL database).

I tried to link to an image here, but I'm not allowed. Basically the run monitor tells me the following text:
    "Copy duration 00:04:56"
    "HTTP -> Azure SQL Database     Queue 00:04:56"

Start time, duration etc...

What is causing this behavior?

Tuesday, July 3, 2018 11:55 AM

Answers

• Seem it is related to an outage last night. The Engineer Team has mitigated the issue. But  If your jobs appear to be delayed or stuck and did not automatically re-execute, we recommend to cancel the job and resubmit them at this time.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Edited by Fang Liu (ADMS) Wednesday, July 4, 2018 7:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by whaave Thursday, July 5, 2018 7:21 AM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2018 7:10 AM

All replies

• What is your data factory region?
    Wednesday, July 4, 2018 3:49 AM
  • What is your data factory region?
    North Europe
    Wednesday, July 4, 2018 5:22 AM
  • Seem it is related to an outage last night. The Engineer Team has mitigated the issue. But  If your jobs appear to be delayed or stuck and did not automatically re-execute, we recommend to cancel the job and resubmit them at this time.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Edited by Fang Liu (ADMS) Wednesday, July 4, 2018 7:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by whaave Thursday, July 5, 2018 7:21 AM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2018 7:10 AM
  • Thanks for the reply. What is the best way to monitor issues like this? status.azure.com did not show any down-time for the Data Factory service...

Alerts set up for failed runs did not tell us the cause of the failures, neither did manual investigation...

Thursday, July 5, 2018 7:21 AM
  • Can you create a ticket for your service, we will check to see whether your pipeline has some issue and what's the issue?
    Friday, July 6, 2018 12:45 AM
  • Hi, 

The product team did send out notifications via Azure communications to those who were considered to be impacted for such kind of incidents. Can you provide a runID of one of your activities that you think has been stuck ? We can double check if it was related to the issue mentioned by Fang.

Friday, July 6, 2018 1:44 AM