none
Write access to EVERYONE works, IUSR, IIS_IUSRS, DefaultAppPool does not work. why? RRS feed

• Question

• Ok. Here we are trying to set up a Classic ASP website at IIS 7.5 in Windows Server 2008 R2. There is a folder named dbc under the website's root and it has a file which is used to read and write certain information while every page is processed.

The issue is, if I grant IUSR Write Permissions, and IIS_IUSRS Write Permissions, or DefaultAppPool Write Permissions, I get the "Access to the path 'E:..\websiteroot\dbc\filename.txt' is denied"

But If I grant EVERYONE Write access on that folder dbc, then I dont get any error, everything seems perfect.

More Info: The website runs in Classic Pipeline mode, Anonymous Authentication is Enabled (perhaps it's the only authentication enabled).. And I tried Anonymous authentication using IUSR account as well as, Application Pool Indentity. In my case, ApplicationPoolIdentity is the Identity for the Authentication of the website.

Thoughts? I dont want to grant Write permission to EVERYONE. Am I missing something?

- Thx. Maran

Monday, May 16, 2011 6:26 AM

Answers