Using the "Coded" page in another project RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I think this may be more of a "conceptual" question than technical as what I want to do may not even be allowed.

I've recorded a web test and generated a VB "coded" page (a class). I'd like to now either use the compiled DLL or just add the class to a brand new console application that will, in turn, run the web test via the class.

I've run into all sorts of fun and have gotten through everything but now I get a runtime error.

Note: I've manually added the c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.WebTestFramework.dll reference to the console app so I figured I was good to go. Nope.

Now I get an "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." error when the first request is attempted:

MyBase.Send(request1)

So, two questions:

1. Can I even reuse a "coded" class module in another app (such as a console or winform app) or does it have to be used in a "test app"?

2. If it can be used, like any normal class module, why am I getting this error?

The test is a very simple proof of concept - just go to a URL and log in. I haven't even gotten into the heavy stuff yet (like AJAX'd pages).

Again - what I am trying may not be supported so the technical runtime error could be a moot point. :)

Thanks-

Dave

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 3:54 PM

Answers

All replies