Integrating with Microsoft Word RRS feed

• Question

• User-1988524439 posted

We are building an asp.net internal web application and would like to use features of Microsoft Word integration (bookmark populating, printing, etc.).  Where can I get information on using the Office libraries, etc.  Thanks.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 11:04 AM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi dlchase

All I want to do is insert some text into an existing Word template and print the document...nothing more.  Any other options?

Microsoft has professional forums to support office development, for this issue, I think you could get help from Office Development Forum - MSDN - Microsoft, more office developers will help on this.

Best regards

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, November 25, 2013 9:29 PM

All replies

• User-760709272 posted

Automating Word (or any Office app) is not supported by Microsoft and you won't get it fully working in a robust way.  Look into Aspose, or Open Office / Open XML libraries.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 11:09 AM
  • User-1988524439 posted

Neither of those are appealing.  All I want to do is insert some text into an existing Word template and print the document...nothing more.  Any other options?  I would even consider PDF files if that is easier.

We are moving from a Microsoft Access application and will use SQL Server and Reporting Services.  The beauty of Office is that the users can create the templates in Word and we just need to add the code to populate the template and issue a print.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 11:34 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi dlchase

All I want to do is insert some text into an existing Word template and print the document...nothing more.  Any other options?

Microsoft has professional forums to support office development, for this issue, I think you could get help from Office Development Forum - MSDN - Microsoft, more office developers will help on this.

Best regards

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, November 25, 2013 9:29 PM
  • User-245986444 posted

I strongly recommend you to take a look at this toolkit. I think it solves exactly your problem because it has a good template design user experience and is also usable for non-technical users to create/modify templates directly in MS Word. Just watch the introductory video on the product's web site and you will quickly get the idea of how you can use it.

Friday, November 29, 2013 3:45 AM
  • User1508394307 posted

All I want to do is insert some text into an existing Word template and print the document...nothing more. 

There is Open Xml SDK http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/bb448854.aspx that can be used to update the document. I'm not sure however what do you mean by "print the document". Generally, print is possible but it is not clear how you need to implement it.

Friday, November 29, 2013 3:58 AM