Swipe Down From Top

Question

• Hey, I'm running Windows 8 on my tablet. I get that swiping right switches between open apps, to the left brings up the charm, up brings up context. But what does swiping down do? The app gets smaller, but I can't seem to do anything with it.
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 10:09 PM

Answers

• That is the "app arrangement" gesture. It is triggered when you drag down 50% the height of the screen. It allows you to snap what you currently see on the screen or change the side of the screen your snapped app is on by dragging down and then dropping on the opposide side.

Sunday, September 18, 2011 10:54 PM

All replies

• It's a zoom out-function I guess. Can be usefull for applications with a very big UI.

Regards,

Dylan Meeus

0x2B |~ 0x2B Blog : www.it-ca.net/blogdylan
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 10:28 PM
  • Doesn't seem like it is looks like it's some kind of app switcher, but it doesn't seem to be working correctly

Saturday, September 17, 2011 10:51 PM
  • That is the "app arrangement" gesture. It is triggered when you drag down 50% the height of the screen. It allows you to snap what you currently see on the screen or change the side of the screen your snapped app is on by dragging down and then dropping on the opposide side.

Sunday, September 18, 2011 10:54 PM
  • Doesn't seem like it is looks like it's some kind of app switcher, but it doesn't seem to be working correctly

My screen on the acer w500 isn't big enough to support snapping apps to the sides but i also get a kind of app switcher if i keep dragging my finger off and back on the left side, each time i pull back another app, i kind of like it
    Acer W500 tablet Ageing HP laptop Too much apple stuff
    Sunday, October 2, 2011 8:58 PM
  • The action of swiping from the right edge but not releasing your finger and repeating the swipe shows each app without actually making it full screen. Just thought I'd add that it works as part of standard task switching not just as part of 'app arrangement'.
    Acer W500 tablet Ageing HP laptop Too much apple stuff
    Monday, October 3, 2011 8:45 PM