Question About Fonts And Labels In Blend RRS feed

• General discussion

• I saw a similar question asked in a much earlier thread from 2008, but the responses given on it weren't of much help, so I thought I would ask again myself...

Im trying to use Arial Narrow in a Blend project where only Arial shows up. When I added Arial Narrow to my fonts folder on my hard drive, it still doesn't show up in Blend. When I added the font itself directly to my Blend project ("Add Existing Item..."), the font file shows up in the Project window, but it still doesn't show up as an option on my fonts dropdown menu in Blend. When I open the Fonts Manager, Arial Narrow doesn't show up under the "Embed" list of fonts, either.

It's a TrueType Font file so I was assuming that wasn't the issue. This seems like it should be a rather easy thing to do, but so far following the procedures mentioned in the Help section of Blend hasn't lead to any success. Any suggestions or solutions as to what I should do to be able to use Arial Narrow in my project?

Also, I'm trying to figure out how you center text in a label. When I use a textbox, Blend gives me the options of "Left", "Center", "Right" and "Justify" within the Text module under the Properties tab. But when I use a label, those options are deactivated and it appears that Left-Justify is the default--and only--option available. I have some buttons that require two lines of text and I want those two lines to be centered on top of one another within a label, but right now the only thing that happens is the two lines are left-justified.

Thanks!

Saturday, May 8, 2010 11:58 PM

All replies

• On the label try this: HorizontalContentAlignment. Or you can always use a texblock which has those features and is much like label

<Label Content="Label" HorizontalContentAlignment="Center"

Im not sure what your doing with the fonts. I can use and include/embed arial narrow just fine from font manager. Try putting the font in your windows/font dir if you havent yet. After clicking font manager the choice should show up, select the checkmark and press ok and make sure embed check is checked in text panel. This should work fine. Not sure why its acting up for you.

Monday, May 10, 2010 2:44 PM
  • Thank you, that worked! We needed to use labels instead of textblocks so I'm thankful for that simple solution lol.
    Monday, May 10, 2010 5:04 PM
  • Ok, I just ran into another problem concerning the centering of the text within a label: When I do what you suggested it works fine, if I only have one line of text. However, if I have two lines of text and want both centered on top of each other, it still doesn't do it. It centers both lines of text within the label, but the two lines of text are still left-justified, only they are now left-justified within the center of the label. I guess I need to both center the text within the label AND center-align the text once it's there.

Any suggestions?

Monday, May 10, 2010 5:47 PM