none
Visual Studio 2013 Installation, Start Menu not working Windows 10

Question

• Hi, I have recently installed visual studio 2013 on my windows 10, after restart and system updates start menu stopped working, I have tried this twice by reinstalling windows and it happens after i have installed visual studio. was any system files over written changed settings?? Please help I cant find solutions even tried google search the solutions do not work
    Thursday, November 26, 2015 9:17 AM

Answers

• Hi Plengo,

Which version of Visual Studio 2013 and Windows 10 are you using? I use Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate on Windows 10 (Build 10240), everything works fine.

>>after restart and system updates start menu stopped working

Please don't update your windows first after installing Visual Studio 2013, which can help us to make sure whether the updates for your windows lead to this problem. After installing Visual Studio 2013, please don't restart your computer and open Visual Studio 2013, then click the Start menu to check whether it works.

Then update your Windows to make sure whether the problem occurs after installing the updates.

You also can try following steps to fix the Start menu problem.

1. Right click on the Start Menu button -> Search -> Windows PowerShell -> Run As administrator.
    2. Paste the following command into PowerShell and execute it: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Friday, November 27, 2015 6:38 AM