none
BizTalk 2010 Mapper performance is very slow with large EDI schemas RRS feed

• Question

• I have a virtual machine with BizTalk 2010 installed (Windows 7 64-bit, 3GB RAM, 2 processor 2.67GHz).  I am creating a map that has the 5010 837I schema as the source document and a company internal schema as the destination document.  The response of the BizTalk mapper in VS2010 is very good when I begin to draw lines from source to destination.  The more lines I draw the slower the mapper becomes until it becomes almost unusable (20 seconds per line connection).  The problem seems to be related to the number of links from source to destination.  The more links, the slower the performance of the mapper.

Does anyone know of a way to tune the mapper so that it will perform well with large maps?  I have already 'unchecked' all the check boxes under Tools\Options\BizTalk Mapper\General\Enable.  I am looking for any advice anyone can give.

This situation can be easily reproduced by creating a map with the HIPAA 5010 837I as both source and destination.  Start at the top of the schema and draw lines from source to destination.  By the time you get to the 2300 loop you will notice serious performance degradation.  By the time you get to the bottom of the document you should see that the performance causes the mapper to become almost unusable.

Friday, April 22, 2011 8:50 PM

Answers

• I would try to group lines with the tabs. In my experience the slowdowns happen on redraws. Using multiple tabs reduces the number of lines it has to redraw.

This will help with performance of the mapper.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Monday, April 25, 2011 4:56 AM
  • Hi Dave,

If your going large Map For each loop your can create New page[Add Page] in grid of Mapping.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Monday, April 25, 2011 5:38 AM

All replies

• I would try to group lines with the tabs. In my experience the slowdowns happen on redraws. Using multiple tabs reduces the number of lines it has to redraw.

This will help with performance of the mapper.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Monday, April 25, 2011 4:56 AM
  • Hi Dave,

If your going large Map For each loop your can create New page[Add Page] in grid of Mapping.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Monday, April 25, 2011 5:38 AM
  • With BizTalk 2010 another thing you can do is to collapse the schema views down to only the mapped rows. This should help consolidate the map views and reduce the number of pixels required to redraw.

I also recommend only having the map as the only file open at the time when editing in VS. When you have other files open it eats up other memory avaiallble to VS.

Thanks,

Monday, April 25, 2011 10:38 PM
  • Thank you for your response.  I was able to get good performance by breaking up the map using the 'tab' suggestions above.
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 1:07 PM