Windows Azure Caching Service Emulator has stopped working RRS feed

• Question

• I can't get past this error with the Azure Caching Emulator. Every time I fire up my project that starts the emulator I get the "Windows Azure Caching Service Emulator has stopped working" error message immediately.

I've updated the emulator to the latest version as well as the Azure packages. I've installed all windows updates that were pending and rebooted a couple of times, but alas I still immediately get an error. Below are the details of the error:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01:   cacheserviceemulator.exe

Problem Signature 02:   1.0.4797.0

Problem Signature 03:   506f41ec

Problem Signature 04:   Microsoft.ApplicationServer.Caching.AzureServerCommon

Problem Signature 05:   1.0.4797.0

Problem Signature 06:   506f41df

Problem Signature 07:   3d

Problem Signature 08:   18

Problem Signature 09:   SWOUM0PNYW4I1S3EYHEY4VNB5OWO0LJ1

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID:  1033

Additional Information 1:   439e

Additional Information 2:   439ec37383ea346d4b7c828a1155358e

Additional Information 3:   9842

Additional Information 4:   9842989df1b6c5aa7ae0d73a6fc5434b
    Tuesday, April 29, 2014 5:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Which azure cache do you use, Cache Service (Preview), In-Role Cache or Shared Caching? How do you use it? could you give more information?  please try to test azure cache in a simple application, if still encounter the same issue, I think you need to change your machine environment.

Best Regards

Jambor

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 5:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Which azure cache do you use, Cache Service (Preview), In-Role Cache or Shared Caching? How do you use it? could you give more information?  please try to test azure cache in a simple application, if still encounter the same issue, I think you need to change your machine environment.

Best Regards

Jambor

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 5:57 AM
  • Hi,

I will mark my post as answer, if you find this didn't give you any help, please feel free unmark it and follow up.

Best Regards

Jambor

Sunday, May 4, 2014 3:14 AM