none
BlueScreen error during install GuestOS with hyper-v RRS feed

• Question

•  

It always show that bluescreen and err msg  when i intall GuestOS with hyper-v:

stop: c0000221 unkunown Hard Error

\SystemRoot\System32\ntdll.dll

i used a new sata harddisk.

and the GuestOS included win2k/win2k3/win2k3R2.

why?

Friday, February 8, 2008 5:59 AM

All replies

• Is the version of Windows you are installing Windows Server 2003 R2 with integrated Service Pack2 ?

I have not seen that error before so I would ask that you check the version of that you are installing and possibly see if you can get an updated copy of Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 to try again.

I looked at your blog and see that you have no problems running Windows Server 2008 or Fedora in Hyper-V and that is why I think there may be a problem with your 2003 DVD.

Cheers,

Stephen Edgar

Friday, February 8, 2008 4:48 PM
  • thanks.

i download  a win2k3 r2 with SP2 copy from microsoft.com and  installed successful on hyper-v.and winxp succefssful too.

But it can not find the netcard(Marvell Yukon Chipset Based Ethernet Controller) ,and the display settings can not support 1440*900 pixels in WINXP. 

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 3:22 AM
  • Have you installed the 'Integration Components"?

If not open up a VMConnect window from the Hyper-V Manager and 'Right-Click' the VM you want to control and select 'Connect'. Once you have this remote control window open either press CTRL-I or Select the 'Action' Menu Item from the toolbar and select 'Insert Integration Services Setup Disk' and follow the prompts and reboot the VM and you should be up and running with the 'enlightened' Network and Disk VMBus drivers installed.

Also the 'Integration Components' are not currently support with Windows XP so you will not be able to get a screen resolution of 1440x900 natively in a VMConnect window. The way to workaround this is to not use VMConnect to connect to the Windows XP VM and enable and use 'Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)' to make a direct connection to the XP VM and connect using 'Full-Screen' and that will give you a full screen view you are looking for.

Cheers,

Stephen Edgar

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 11:28 AM
  • i have not installed the 'integration components'.

the microsoft hyper-v integration components are only supported the win2k3 with sp2 or later and win2k8.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 11:37 PM
  • When using Windows XP or any other operating system that does not support the 'Integration Components' you need to set the VM up with a 'Legacy Network Adaptor' rather than the standard 'Network Adaptor'. Windows XP has the drivers for this network adaptor built in so that should get your Windows XP up and running on the network once you have configured TCP/IP settings in the XP Virtual Machine.

Cheers,

Stephen Edgar

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 12:53 AM
  • So replacing the hard drive is the fix for this problem? I have tried a different Hard drive and the identical problem occurred. I am using windows xp professional.

Thursday, March 6, 2008 1:07 AM