Not able to Install Visual Studio Community 2015 - Installation failed RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install Visual studio community 2015 after installing windows 10. But not able to install.
    It is coming following error

1. "Team Explorer for Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 - fatal error during installation

2. Microsoft Asp.Net and web tool 2015 - visual studio 2015 - package failed

3.Microsoft ASP.Net web frameworks and Tools -Visual Studio 2015 -ENU

Sunday, August 9, 2015 5:35 PM

Answers

• Hello sanju3,

Please collect logs for me to analyze:

• Download the Microsoft Visual Studio and .NET Framework Log Collection tool (collect.exe).
    • Run the collect.exe tool from the directory where you saved the tool.
    • The utility creates a compressed cabinet file of all the VS and .NET logs to %TEMP%\vslogs.cab.
    • Post the vslogs.cab file with some descriptions of your issue to the forum.

By the way, please download the ISO and verify your ISO first:https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/visual-studio-2015-iso-sha1-vs.aspx Sometimes corrupt installation are related to corrupt installer.

best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Barry Wang Monday, August 24, 2015 1:09 AM
    Monday, August 10, 2015 1:09 PM

All replies

• Hello sanju3,

Please collect logs for me to analyze:

• Download the Microsoft Visual Studio and .NET Framework Log Collection tool (collect.exe).
    • Run the collect.exe tool from the directory where you saved the tool.
    • The utility creates a compressed cabinet file of all the VS and .NET logs to %TEMP%\vslogs.cab.
    • Post the vslogs.cab file with some descriptions of your issue to the forum.

By the way, please download the ISO and verify your ISO first:https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/visual-studio-2015-iso-sha1-vs.aspx Sometimes corrupt installation are related to corrupt installer.

best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Barry Wang Monday, August 24, 2015 1:09 AM
    Monday, August 10, 2015 1:09 PM
  • Barry, You mention an ISO file for the Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition, but the only thing that I saw was the web download version that consisted of one file: vs_community_ENU.exe  207 KB in size.  That initiates the download process and all the files that were downloaded seem to be in C:\Users\R*******\AppData\Local\Temp\ folder. ( I obscured the user name....)  You cannot verify an ISO if you do not have and ISO file.  As it is, I got the error message that C:\Users\R******\AppData\Local\Temp\{267FF9BE-369B-411C-AAFB-9FEDBE6E89A2}\vs_community.exe  was missing or corrupted and my alternative was to retry or skip the package.

I chose to skip the package to allow installation of the rest of Visual Studio, but I do not understand why this package was not downloaded by the installer that let me select all items.  I would really like the other items, if they are truly part of the community edition.

Henry

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 5:26 PM