none
Issue in Azure function app RRS feed

• Question

• hi all Experts.

I am calling REST api to return large zip file which I download locally. Then unzip it and upload to BLOB storage.

While this works fine locally in visual studio, when I publish it to azure function app it doesnt work as expected.

in function app monitoring, it shows the app ran successfully with no error logged.

How can I troubleshoot this?

I am downloading file locally, unzipping it and then uploading to BLOB

For this , I tried to use D:/home as well as D:/local folder as the local folder on azure app.

What might be the issue?

Since there is no error displayed, i want to add some logging to my c# code which can write logs to azure function app.

Any idea how to do this? I looked up on the net, found that I need to add some custom library thr' nuget but none of them satisfy my requirement.

My main Run function has Tracewriter logger object as parwameter, but I want to log thr' the subsequent sub procedure calls.

How can I achieve this?

thnaks,

Gopal

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 1:54 AM

All replies

• hi all Experts.

I am calling REST api to return large zip file which I download locally. Then unzip it and upload to BLOB storage.

While this works fine locally in visual studio, when I publish it to azure function app it doesnt work as expected.

in function app monitoring, it shows the app ran successfully with no error logged.

How can I troubleshoot this?

I am downloading file locally, unzipping it and then uploading to BLOB

For this , I tried to use D:/home as well as D:/local folder as the local folder on azure app.

What might be the issue?

Since there is no error displayed, i want to add some logging to my c# code which can write logs to azure function app.

Any idea how to do this? I looked up on the net, found that I need to add some custom library thr' nuget but none of them satisfy my requirement.

My main Run function has Tracewriter logger object as parwameter, but I want to log thr' the subsequent sub procedure calls.

How can I achieve this?

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 1:26 AM
  • Hi Gopal_Shn,

Thank you for posting here.

Since this thread is duplicate with the following link, I will merge it.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/16bb92c6-83e5-4810-9cdd-b586306c9398/issue-in-azure-function-app?forum=AzureFunctions

The Visual C# forum discusses and asks questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.

Best regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:09 AM
  • Azure Functions offers built-in integration with Azure Application Insights to monitor functions. This article shows you how to configure Azure Functions to send system-generated log files to Application Insights.

You can also use the Microsoft.ApplicationInsights NuGet package to send custom telemetry data to Application Insights as explained here.

Understanding the Azure App Service file system

Can you share your function app name directly or indirectly to investigate this issue?

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 8:27 AM