none
BluetoothLEDevice::FromBluetoothAddressAsync() is not initiating a connection RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning,

the documentation to BluetoothLEDevice::FromBluetoothAddressAsync() states: "Returns a BluetoothLEDevice object for the given BluetoothAddress and initiates a connection.". I would interpret the second half of the sentence as: is sending a connection request to the peripheral. And I think this makes sense, because the function is asynchronous. In addition, here is a blog article https://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2017/01/13/new-bluetooth-features-in-creators-update-gatt-server-bluetooth-le/#9c7l6kOFt5Wpb3zk.97, where the author states in one of the comments: "Yes connecting should occur when you create a BluetoothLEDevice object.".

But: when I create a BluetoothLEDevice, using BluetoothLEDevice::FromBluetoothAddressAsynch(), I get a valid object, but when I query the connection state, the result is Disconnected. In addition, I use a sniffer to look at the protocol and I can not see any connection attempts (waiting for serval seconds).

Is this a known bug or am I'm misreading the documentation here? If so, why is the function asynchronous? Is there anything, I have to do prior to constructing the BluetoothLEDevice, to make the API to initiate the connection?

Kind regards,

Torsten

Thursday, October 5, 2017 9:50 AM