service toolbox is unavailable RRS feed

• Question

• My services toolbox is unavailable in MS VPL 2.3 (OS=vista)

Switching it on/off in the view menu is not helping even as reinstalling the entire program. Does anyone know how to restore the toolbox?

Monday, November 14, 2011 8:32 PM

Answers

• I have never seen the Services panel black like this. It does take a while the first time you run VPL for it to build a cache of the available services. In the meantime the Services panel will be empty. Myabe you should leave it for a minute or two?

If you want to clear any saved settings, look in:

C:\Users\<InsertYourUsernameHere>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Visual Programming Language 4 Beta

There should be a settings.xml file in there. You can delete it and then run VPL again.

Trevor

• Proposed as answer by Rex Honour Sunday, November 20, 2011 6:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Trevor Taylor Monday, November 21, 2011 4:09 AM
    Friday, November 18, 2011 9:09 AM

All replies

• I have never seen the Services panel black like this. It does take a while the first time you run VPL for it to build a cache of the available services. In the meantime the Services panel will be empty. Myabe you should leave it for a minute or two?

If you want to clear any saved settings, look in:

C:\Users\<InsertYourUsernameHere>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Visual Programming Language 4 Beta

There should be a settings.xml file in there. You can delete it and then run VPL again.

Trevor

• Proposed as answer by Rex Honour Sunday, November 20, 2011 6:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Trevor Taylor Monday, November 21, 2011 4:09 AM
    Friday, November 18, 2011 9:09 AM
  • trevor, thanks that was the trick. Now it works fine.

thanks a lot

bas

Sunday, November 20, 2011 8:55 AM
  • OK, I am glad it worked. I just don't understand the black panel.

Trevor

Monday, November 21, 2011 4:09 AM
  • Mr. Taylor,

I experienced the same problem recently. What I did to fix it was totally uninstall RDS and reinstall it. Afterwards the services came back.

Thanks,

Mel

Thursday, March 15, 2012 1:55 AM