none
Applying hide rules in Server 2019 Start menu and it hides the application for everyone, even if your in a group that the assignments is set not to apply? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

So I have put a new Build 2019 server into citrix 1912LTSR farm, we have used FsLogix for profile management, so figured I'd use the application masking function hide admin tools etc, also to limit specific access to office applications.

Using a Hiding rule as an example to hide System Tools the directory used is:

"%SystemDriveFolder%\Users\Default\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\System Tools"

I then set the assignment to everyone applies to, add Domain admin in to Not apply or my username directly and when i apply the rule i lose access to the location/application launch.  Is this normal behavior, I found a blog that you could use the default locations and then the assignments to determine who could see what?   Any ideas, I was going to use app masking for the licensing of Visio and also to prevent users who don't need access to office to hide the apps?

Friday, May 8, 2020 3:55 PM