none
Unable to create a storage account in East US using an Azure Trial pass

Question

• The New Portal does not allow me to create a storage account in the East US region using an Azure Trial Pass account.
    Monday, May 2, 2016 8:06 PM

All replies

• 1) Hey what do you mean by Pass account, I have never heard can you explain.

2 ) Is that first time you have logged into New portal with your Microsoft public ID ( live, outlook.com ).

3 ) Can you update your subscription type.

Mahendranath Miryala

Monday, May 2, 2016 8:42 PM
  • The New Portal does not allow me to create a storage account in the East US region using an Azure Trial Pass account.
    Is there an error description that we can go by? What happens?

Cheers,

Anders Spælling

Senior Consultant

Blog:   Twitter:   LinkedIn:   

Please remember to 'Propose as answer' if you find a reply helpful

Monday, May 2, 2016 8:50 PM
  • Microsoft supplies free Trial Azure Pass accounts for individuals who want to take a look at Azure and for students attending Azure courses. It is not the first time logged in, no. There is no problem creating the storage account using a standard Azure account.
    Tuesday, May 3, 2016 1:18 PM
  • The message is: Your subscription doesn't support classic storage accounts in this location. Choose a different location, or click here to create a support request to enable it for this subscription.

Changing to another region, such as East US, removes the message. However, I need to know why this behavior is present with the Trial Pass accounts.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 1:20 PM
  • Today I tried to create a storage account in East US region via manage.windowsazure.com and I don't see the East US region in the Location options, to confirm the classic storage accounts like East US, East US 2, West Europe are available with BizSpark subscribed Azure subscription. I would like to know why this limitation applicable to Visual Studio Enterprise MSDN subscribers.

Thanks

Don't Say Can't Say Can to Not

Saturday, August 20, 2016 5:28 AM