Checked out workflow files and failing workflows RRS feed

• Question

• Using SPD 2007 my workflow files won't check in. I can't "Undo the checkout" because I get a message about no checked in version of the file exists. A workflow included with a template will work just fine, but as soon as it's modified it can't check in and the work flows fail.

When the workflow fails it indicates the System Account as the username, but I've already changed the user for the app pool. I'm lost here. I don't have the link handy for this, but it was a security issue after WSS SP1.

I've looked through the logs and it indicates that it can't find the [workflowname].aspx page, and I assume that's because it's checked out.

Error from event viewer is below:
    Error loading and running event receiver Microsoft.SharePoint.Workflow.SPWorkflowLibraryEventReceiver in Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c. Additional information is below.

: Value does not fall within the expected range.

Current config:
    WSS 3.0 SP2
    Server 2003 SP2, 32-bit (no other services running on this server)
    DotNet 3.5
    Sql 2005

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Friday, February 18, 2011 6:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, check whether you have filled out all of the required values in the feature.xml and workflow.xml files. If you use the Windows SharePoint Services Workflow code snippets, the required values are highlighted in green. For example, part of my workflow.xml file looked like the following:

TaskListContentTypeId="0x000"
    AssociationUrl="_layouts/MyAssocForm.aspx"
    InstantiationUrl="_layouts/MyInitForm.aspx"
    ModificationUrl="_layouts/MyModForm.aspx"
    StatusUrl="_layouts/WrkStat.aspx"

I resolved the error by deleting these attributes. If you do not require certain optional workflow attributes or elements, delete them from the workflow.xml file. Please have a try.

Best regards
    David Hu

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 1:14 AM
  • Thanks, but no luck. I don't even see a feature.xml, but I do have the workflow.xml and I don't have most of those nodes. Below is the entire feature.xml. I've verified that the ListID is correct, but I don't know what the TaskListID is linked up to.

I should also mention that our WSS server crashed a few weeks ago and a non-application administrator reinstalled. Who knows if our whole install isn't corrupt.

<WorkflowConfig>
      <Template
        BaseID="{568407A7-4179-44FC-B819-DD9E43ED0B86}"
        DocLibID="{64097C78-0517-49A1-8A06-B89152BDDB42}"
        XomlHref="Workflows/Email1/Email1.xoml"
        XomlVersion="V1.0"
      >
      </Template>
      <Association
        ListID="{EFAB0270-5E4F-4E0F-91BC-C047680E6D6A}"
        TaskListID="{1DB20880-E324-4DF1-9CC6-3AC0BC0515D9}"
        StartManually="true"