Data Plan Account Expired RRS feed

• Question

• After successfully using my //Build AT&T DataPlan for Sept and Oct, I stopped receiving monthly coupons as of November 2011.  Then, today (Jan18, 2012), I received an email from AT&T declaring that my account was cancelled "because it has been inactive for an extended period of time". 

So I'm in a wonderful Catch 22.  I don't have an active account, so I can't enter a coupon code.  Since I haven't received a coupon since November, I haven't been able to use my account.  Since I haven't been able to use my account, the account is now deactivated.  Rinse and repeat.

I have made two phone calls to AT&T to try and get some resolution to this (WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?), but at the end of each attempt, I get the runaround of "contact Microsoft" since they're paying the bill.  But since the DataPlan coupons were from AT&T (@email.att-mail.com), you'd think they are ultimately responsible. 

Any suggestions?  Is the January coupon "MSBUILDJAN"?

Saturday, January 21, 2012 1:26 AM

Answers

• I figured this out myself.  Just create a BRAND NEW account at www.att.com/buyasession using the "Coupon" account option. 

MSBUILDJAN did work as the coupon for January!

• Marked as answer by jaybo_nomad Saturday, January 21, 2012 1:40 AM
    Saturday, January 21, 2012 1:40 AM

All replies

• I figured this out myself.  Just create a BRAND NEW account at www.att.com/buyasession using the "Coupon" account option. 

MSBUILDJAN did work as the coupon for January!

• Marked as answer by jaybo_nomad Saturday, January 21, 2012 1:40 AM
    Saturday, January 21, 2012 1:40 AM
  • I have never. once. gotten an email from AT&T about the MSBUILDXXX codes. I've just been typing them in following the pattern MSBUILDSEP... MSBUILDOCT... MSBUILDDEC etc. 

Rob

-- Rob
    Friday, February 3, 2012 9:08 PM
  • doesn't it recognize the device with its Imai number and ask for existing login?

I cant seem to create a new act. With same device credentials.

Saturday, February 4, 2012 8:18 PM