none
Remote Environment not showing in WIP object properties RRS feed

• Question

• I've just updated my development machine to Windows 7 and Biztalk 2009. I have a solution that includes a HostApps object which calls an RPG program on an AS/400. I'm unable to correctly configure the object in Transaction Integrator:
    • I've created a Remote Environment for the AS/400 under Windows-Initiated Processing>Remote Environments
    • I've created a new object under Windows-Initiated Processing>Objects and selected my TI metadata dll
    • When I get to the 'Define Remote Environment' tab, my AS/400 remote environment is not in the list
    It allows me to continue and create the object, but sending a message through the adapter fails with "(1110) The Transaction Integrator component is not currently assigned to a Remote Environment." How do I set the Remote Environment/what am I doing wrong?

This was working fine on Windows XP & Biztalk 2006 R2. The hosting options are also greyed out in the object properties - I'm not sure whether this is connected.
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 8:37 AM

Answers

• Found it - I had selected 'System i' as the target host on the Remote Environment, instead of 'System i Distributed Program Call'. No doubt there's a spectacular self-serving explanation as to why program calls suddenly need a different target host type in Host Adapters 2009.
    • Marked as answer by Sam Ritchie Tuesday, March 16, 2010 8:47 AM
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 8:47 AM