Unable to Import from Excel file RRS feed

• Question

• Sql Server Express 2008 running on Win7 32 bit in vmware

I can export to excel, but cannot import.  getting an undefined unrecoverable error.

Is it that no version of Excel is installed on the virtual machine?

Monday, January 31, 2011 10:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I agree Vidhya that you may need to install appropriate provider. If not, please download and install Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable which will install ODBC and OLEDB drivers for Office Access and Excel.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
    Chunsong Feng [MSFT]

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, February 1, 2011 7:02 AM

All replies

• You should be able to import the data. Can you check whether the data format is correct in Excel? Is there any other error? Make sure Excel driver is installed.
    Vidhya Sagar. Mark as Answer if it helps!
    Tuesday, February 1, 2011 4:19 AM
  • Hi,

I agree Vidhya that you may need to install appropriate provider. If not, please download and install Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable which will install ODBC and OLEDB drivers for Office Access and Excel.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
    Chunsong Feng [MSFT]

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, February 1, 2011 7:02 AM
  • Would 2007 do?  We have not moved to 2010, yet.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011 4:37 PM