InsertInstanceState - @state maximum length?? RRS feed

• Question

• I am encountering a problem with the SqlWorkflowPersistenceService when it attempts to call the InsertInstanceState sproc - it appears as though the value sent in the @state parameter is too long to handle: the record is inserted, but the "state" column is blank.

I get this behavior when using the ManualSchedulerService; when I use the DefaultSchedulerService, the @state value is less than half the size (as opposed to the ManualSchedulerService @state value) and the inserted record accepts this value just fine.

Is there a maximum length/size for the @state parameter (and, thus, the InstanceState.state column)? Why would the value be larger for the Manual service as opposed to the Default service?  It's the same Workflow, same data used for testing, so both should be the same 'state' length/size ... right??

I would include the two different @state values as captured by Sql Profiler (no errors or other such messages reported during the insert of the records), but this forum will not allow more than 60000 characters!

The persistence database is located on Sql Server 2005 and I am running .Net 3.5 SP1.  Any thoughts would be most welcome!
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 9:48 PM

Answers