none
Project Server 2013 custom field calculation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We are using project server 2013 and trying to calculate the value to show the graphical  indicator. [Finish Variance]/[Duration]*100 . But I am always getting value as empty.

Thanks in advance, Taj

• Edited by arun_2014 Tuesday, May 27, 2014 1:41 PM
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 1:40 PM

All replies

• Hi Taj,

First you should ensure to have a baseline saved in order to have a valid variance value.

Then I'd suggest first to remove the graphical indicator and have just he value to check if the calculation works.

Finally configure the graphical indicator accordingly based on the values you've verified. Remember that the projects needs to be published after creating the custom field.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 1:58 PM
  • Hi ,

Thanks for your response. We have set the baseline. If we display the Finish variance and duration separately in project center, it is showing correct. We tried without graphical indicator same issue. I am using the below formula.

IIf(([Finish Variance] * 100 / [Duration] ) <= 15 And ([Finish Variance]* 100 / [Duration] ) >= 6, "Yellow", IIf(([Finish Variance] / [Duration] * 100) <= 5, "Green", IIf(([Finish Variance]* 100 / [Duration] ) > 16, "Red", "Green")))

Thanks in advance, Taj

• Edited by arun_2014 Friday, May 30, 2014 3:02 PM
    Friday, May 30, 2014 2:55 PM
  • Dear Taj, please try the following formula.

The problem is with your milestones.

IIf([Milestone]=Yes And [% complete]<> 100,"Red milestone",
    IIf([Milestone]=Yes And [% complete]= 100,"Green milestone",
    IIf(([Finish Variance]*100/[Duration])<=15 And ([Finish Variance]*100/[Duration])>=6,"Yellow",
    IIf(([Finish Variance]/[Duration]*100)<=5,"Green",
    IIf(([Finish Variance]*100/[Duration])>16,"Red","Green"
    )))))

Please check if there are any typos; i made the formula using another language!

Cheers!

Friday, May 30, 2014 8:55 PM