How to save power pivot table as regular table? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 
    I have a client who loves Excel, but isn't comfortable with pivot tables.  I want to populate reports using power pivot and then hand off the updated reports as regular Excel tables without power pivot tables. What's the best way to do this for large workbooks?

Thanks!

Thursday, August 23, 2018 6:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Phar1402,

Thanks for your question.

>>>I have a client who loves Excel, but isn't comfortable with pivot tables.  I want to populate reports using power pivot and then hand off the updated reports as regular Excel tables without power pivot tables. What's the best way to do this for large workbooks?
    You can copy the pivot table with "Paste Special" with option "Keep Source Formatting" or "Other Paste Options" => "Formatting".

Or Export a table or DAX query from Power Pivot to CSV using VBA

or the other option that "may* work is to use DAX Studio http://daxstudio.codeplex.com to run a query against your table (eg EVALUATE 'MyTable' ) and export it directly to a csv. However this mechanism can only handle XMLA result sets up to 2Gb (which probably translates to .csv file of a few hundred Mb in size) so depending on how many columns you have this may or may not work.

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by alexander fun Tuesday, August 28, 2018 10:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Phar1402 Tuesday, August 28, 2018 3:15 PM
    Friday, August 24, 2018 3:15 AM