My azure storage unique namespace RRS feed

• Question

• User-547492013 posted

Hi!

I'm trying to move some tables from SQL to Azure Table Storage. I created an MVC Website with the default authentication. I successfully connected it to my Azure SQL database. Now I want to use the table storage for authentication too, instead of the SQL database. The problem is, I cannot find my storage account's unique namespace. What, where is that namespace?

Thanks!

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 5:35 AM

Answers

• User1166036563 posted

Hello,

You can use NuGet to obtain the Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.dll assembly. Right-click your project in Solution Explorer and choose Manage NuGet Packages.  Search online for "WindowsAzure.Storage" and click Install to install the Azure Storage package and dependencies.

Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.dll is also included in the Azure SDK for .NET, which can be downloaded from the .NET Developer Center. The assembly is installed to the %Program Files%\Microsoft SDKs\Azure\.NET SDK\<sdk-version>\ref\ directory.

Namespace declarations

Add the following code namespace declarations to the top of any C# file in which you wish to programmatically access Azure Storage.

Copy to clipboardCopy
    using Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage;
    using Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.Auth;
    using Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.Table;

Make sure you reference the Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.dll assembly.

You could find more about these info in https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/storage-dotnet-how-to-use-tables/

I hope it helps. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, November 5, 2015 1:07 AM