none
Azure functions use an image from private container registry (docker or azure)? RRS feed

• Question

• I need to create an azure function that runs a docker image. I am following this tutorial, but it seems it works only for public container repositories. Is it possible to run an image from a private container repository from either docker or azure container registry? If it's possible, how can I authorize my azure function to pull image from private registries? Thanks for any advice.

Xiaoyun Yang

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 3:52 PM

All replies

• From functions-linux-custom-image readme, 

When hosting an image in a private container registry, you should add the connection settings to the function app by using ENV variables in the Dockerfile. Because the tutorial that uses this repository cannot guarantee that you use a private registry, the connection settings are added after the deployment by using the Azure CLI as a security best practice.

Can you try this?

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 7:08 PM
  • Hey. Thanks for the reply. But I don't think it's relevant. I have a problem pulling image from private registries instead of setting environment variables. And also I tried to add AzureWebJobsDashboard and AzureWebJobsStorage as ENV in my dockerfile, but once

the repository is marked as private, it stops working.

Xiaoyun Yang

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 2:52 PM