none
Create key or Update Key? My App already in Store with Trial/Windows Store App type of key. RRS feed

• Question

• My app is in the Windows Store with a key that is now categorized as Trial / Windows Store App.

And, I recall a few weeks ago reading that the Trial keys were migrated and/or needed to be updated or changed.

I don't want to "break" existing copies of my app by somehow cancelling that trail key.

So, what is the correct way to change the key? From the Bing maps portal, there is an "Update" link next to my key. And, there is the "Create Key" choice. Given that my app is already in the store, which choice should I use?

Thanks,

Richard

Friday, November 16, 2012 4:45 PM

Answers

• Log into the Bing Maps portal and create a new key. If you have an Enterprise account then create an Enterprise key, otherwise create a basic key. Once you have a new key update your app and push the update to the Windows Store. This will cause all existing users of your app to be notified of the update. They will have until the trial key expires to update before the app stops working.

http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com

• Proposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Monday, November 19, 2012 6:24 PM
    • Marked as answer by Bucolic Geek Monday, November 19, 2012 7:31 PM
    Monday, November 19, 2012 6:24 PM