no pop-up to choose team project when adding projects to source control RRS feed

• Question

•  

This might be a simple question, but I can't seem to find an answer. When I open a project in vs2005 and choose "add to source control" the project is added to the team project I last used (like opening a solution in it). I want it to ask WHERE the project should be added and in WHICH team project it should be added. Although I find many reference to dialogs asking just that, it doesn't appear for me.

Can anyone help?

Wednesday, October 3, 2007 9:27 AM

Answers

All replies

•  

I have some more info.

When I have a solution with multiple projects the solution node appears And when I click that I can choose "add solution to source control" and It gives me a window asking me where I would like to add it. But when A solution with only a single project is open I don't get the solution top node in the solution explorer and thus cannot click "add solution to source control" when I click add project to source control on the project node there is no box asking where I want to add it. I is just added to the last used team project. It does that even for new projects.

Wednesday, October 3, 2007 9:45 AM
  •  

I found that under options for solution explorer there is a check box always show solution header. I still find it strange it would not open a popup box adding the project. but at least now i can add single project solutions to source control

Wednesday, October 3, 2007 9:49 AM
  • Add To SCC uses your workspace mappings to determine where the files will be placed.  See: http://blogs.msdn.com/richardb/archive/2007/06/04/intro-to-solution-binding-in-tfs-plus-bonus-faq.aspx
    Wednesday, October 3, 2007 6:00 PM