none
trouble on microsoftoxford speech sdk RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have any trouble on running my speechToText SDK sample, when I chose the option "Use Microphone with ShortPhrase mode" ,input the key and  clicked "Start Recognition" that there was a error message about " 

An unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.FileLoadException' occurred in PresentationCore.dll

Additional information: A procedure imported by 'SpeechClient.dll' could not be loaded."

My system is win7 64 bit,and tool is vs2015.

best regards

fenix he

2/4/2016

Thursday, February 4, 2016 8:40 AM

Answers

• Hi fenixhe,

>>"An unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.FileLoadException' occurred in PresentationCore.dll"

It means a procedure or assembly is found but cannot be loaded.

>>"Additional information: A procedure imported by 'SpeechClient.dll' could not be loaded."

Have you add reference to SpeechClient.dll? Please make sure you have finished the below steps.

1. Right click on References in the "Solution Explorer" and click on "Add Reference..."
    2. Click on "Browse..." button
    3. Select SpeechSDK/x86/SpeechClient as the reference (if your build configuration is AnyCPU or x86, you need to use the x86 one).

In addition, if you have more questions which related to microsoftoxford. I suggest you posting your question in Project Oxford forum for dedicated help.
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/silverlight/en-US/home?forum=mlapi

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, February 5, 2016 2:01 AM

All replies

• Hi fenixhe,

>>"An unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.FileLoadException' occurred in PresentationCore.dll"

It means a procedure or assembly is found but cannot be loaded.

>>"Additional information: A procedure imported by 'SpeechClient.dll' could not be loaded."

Have you add reference to SpeechClient.dll? Please make sure you have finished the below steps.

1. Right click on References in the "Solution Explorer" and click on "Add Reference..."
    2. Click on "Browse..." button
    3. Select SpeechSDK/x86/SpeechClient as the reference (if your build configuration is AnyCPU or x86, you need to use the x86 one).

In addition, if you have more questions which related to microsoftoxford. I suggest you posting your question in Project Oxford forum for dedicated help.
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/silverlight/en-US/home?forum=mlapi

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, February 5, 2016 2:01 AM
  •  I add the reference 
    "SpeechSDK\x64\lib\SpeechClient.dll" correctly.but when I click "start recognition" ,there is a error about "An unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.FileLoadException' occurred in PresentationCore.dll" and Additional information: A procedure imported by 'SpeechClient.dll' could not be loaded.
    Sunday, February 14, 2016 9:07 AM
  • Hi fenixhe,

Please check this, (if your build configuration is AnyCPU or x86, you need to use the x86 one). Right click your project -> choose Properties -> switch to Build tab -> check the value of Platform target.

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

Monday, February 15, 2016 6:30 AM
  • Hi,Li

I follow your suggestion to change my project dll reference x86,but the problem is the same.

Best Regards

Fenix 

Sunday, February 21, 2016 1:02 AM