none
Assigning Task to AD group in Share point 2013 - ONLINE.

Question

• Hello All,

I want to assign tasks serial/parallel  to AD Group (individual users separately) in SHARE POINT 2013 ONLINE through SPD workflow.

Though I found many blogs on the same, but it was for SHARE POINT 2013 on premises where we iterate the AD group - through C# code.

But in SHARE POINT 2013 online - there is no code behind.

So my question is:

1. Whether assigning task to individual user of AD groups - from SPD workflow is possible?

2. Do we need any settings of AD groups for achieving the same. If yes, what are those settings? Please mention this in detail.

3. I tried assigning the task to AD group, but it creates a single task for the entire group not single task for individuals in the group. Same happens for Share Point Group. But our requirement is to achieve this through AD groups only.

Please help me!!!!

Thursday, April 6, 2017 3:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Vikram- you must be using the online version ;) Got it.

How about this for a workaround: create an email group for the users in the AD group and use that email address?

cameron rautmann

Thursday, April 6, 2017 5:45 PM
  • Hello Cameron,

Share point 2013 online will still treat this as one entity  and will not be able to expand this into individuals for assigning tasks. This has been tested already from my end :(

Friday, April 7, 2017 3:33 AM