Cloudyn for Microsoft Sponsorship Azure subscriptions RRS feed

• Question

• Does Cloudyn work for Microsoft Sponsorhip Azure subscriptions?

I have enrolled several sponsorship subscriptions (as individual subscriptions in Cloudyn), but no data is showing up after several hours.

I noticed that our offer code MS-AZR-0036P was not available in the dropdown selection.

Thanks,

Mike

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 12:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Mike,

Thanks for setting up Azure Cost Management by Cloudyn. I'm not aware of any restrictions on subscription types that can sign up for the trial of Azure Cost Management by Cloudyn.

But, Cloudyn can take 24 hours to show your Azure data after you sign up. Please see the following FAQ on Cloudyn Data Refresh Timelines for more information: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/69f33ff4-a781-437e-ab5b-68f73e2af7fc/faq-cloudyn-data-refresh-timelines?forum=Cloudyn

If you still can't see your data after waiting for propagation times, please send us 4 characters of the e-mail address you used to sign up for Cloudyn and we will see what we can find out on the back end.

Thanks!

- Micah Adamson.

• Marked as answer by Sharon Asulin Sunday, October 22, 2017 1:44 PM
    Tuesday, October 17, 2017 9:24 PM
  • Hi Micah,

It's now been over 24 hours since adding the accounts and there is still nothing showing up in the dashboard.

First 4 characters of the email address is 'mike'. Appreciate you looking into it.

Thanks,

Mike

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 1:25 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Azure Cost Management is based on accounts carrying costs. To my understand sponsorship subscriptions offer 100% off standard published Pay-As-You-Go rates, which will result in 0 billing costs.

Therefore for such subscriptions we suggest to register with the pay-as-you-go rate card, so you can actually see what would have been your cost if you didn't have this type of subscription.

Otherwise, data will not be available in the tool, as subscriptions must carry cost to be processed, even if it's just a calculated cost based on usage and pay-as-you-go rate card.

Thanks,

Sharon

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 3:20 PM
  • Hi Sharon,

I did register the subscriptions with the PAYG offer card when signing them up to Cloudyn (as the sponsorship code was not available). However, I'm still seeing no assets or costs appearing in the dashboard.

Thanks,

Mike

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 7:26 PM
  • Hi Mike,

I will be happy to try and help, however I have tens of results in DB that match "Mike" :)

Do you happen to have a more unique string of 4 characters in your e-mail that you can share with me here?

Thanks,

Sharon

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 9:16 PM
  • Hi Sharon,

Just checked again today, and things are now showing up in the dashboard. I guess it just took longer than 24 hours.

Thanks your assistance!

Mike

Thursday, October 19, 2017 7:24 AM
  • Hi Mike,

I'm having the same problem, but I couldn't register in Cloudyn with my Sponsorship subscription tenant ID and the "Pay-as-you-go" option.

I got an error message that my subscription couldn't be found.

That's what you did, right? Just selected the "MS-AZR-0003P - Pay-As-You-Go" in the "Rate Id" field? Or have you created another subscription?

Thanks,

Henrique

Thursday, October 19, 2017 5:36 PM
  • Hi Henrique,

That's exactly what I did when signing up. It just took a while (around 48 hours) before any data showed up in my dashboard.

I didn't receive an error messages though.

Mike

Friday, October 20, 2017 7:23 AM
  • Thanks Mike for your update, glad to hear the data is there and appreciate you taking the time to answer Henrique!
    Sunday, October 22, 2017 1:43 PM
  • Thanks for the reply, Mike.

Sharon, do you have any suggestions to solve the problem with my registration?

Thanks,

Henrique

Monday, October 23, 2017 12:29 PM
  • Hi Henrique,

Can you please update this thread with 4 unique characters from the e-mail you registered with, so we can check this?

Thanks,

Sharon

Monday, October 30, 2017 3:08 PM
  • Hello Henrique,

To prevent exposing your private details on this public forum, if you are still having issues and that you need the Cloudyn support team to investigate further on the server side, you will need to open an Azure service request to be transferred to Cloudyn support.

Thanks!

- Micah Adamson

Friday, November 10, 2017 7:56 PM