none
[WP8.1] Access SD Card files from CX C++ in published app

Question

• Hello!

I've develop kind of file manager app that needs access to SD card files.

The issue is that there seems like there no files on sd card. Moreover when try to copy some file from Internet to SD card it crashes. But the main problem is that it happens only on published app.

Before submitting the app I've used it on my personal phone for couple weeks and none of this happens. More over, if I upload package with Windows Phone Application Deployment 8.1 tool, exact the same package that I've submit to store, and it works perfectly.

Of course I've capability removable storage enabled in manifest as well as some file type associations. But because I really have no idea what files user can have and in order to overcome the limitations of high level API of KnownFolders and GetFileAsync, I've used win32 API and wrote a Component Extension lib. So I'm using functions like FindFirstFileEx and CreateFile2 to manage IO on SD card.

My question are:

1) What is the difference between package before certification and after publishing?

2) Whats the difference between uplaoding app via Windows Phone Application Deployment tool and installing from Store? Does installing from store is adding some constraints to the app?

3) Does using win 32 API affects application published in store?

Thanks in advance,

• Moved by Krunal Parekh Friday, December 25, 2015 7:46 AM moved to correct forum.
    Thursday, December 24, 2015 8:21 AM

All replies

• Hello Edghto,

Since your question is more related to publishing the app I will help you move this thread to correct forum.

With Regards,

Krunal Parekh

Thanks MSDN Community Support Please remember to Mark as Answer the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, December 25, 2015 7:44 AM
  • Hello Edghto,

I have a same problem. Do you already have the solution?

Thanks.

• Edited by ALZAPA Friday, December 2, 2016 1:13 PM
    Friday, December 2, 2016 1:13 PM
  • I still don't know whats the difference between app downloaded from store and upload with Deployment tool in regard of file access. OS won't let access any file or folder without user permission, but I assume it should work the same in both cases.

But the true is that in my case using Win32API wasn't really needed, a FolderPicker with FileTypeFilter set to "*" was enough.

Thursday, January 12, 2017 9:07 PM