none
Windows 10 keeps failing to install the following update after installing SQL Server 2016 on Windows 10

Question

• The following update fails to install on my Windows 10 and Windows server 2016 servers that are running SQL Server 2016. The offending update is KB3164398: This critical update for SQL Server 2016 MSVCRT prerequisites  Keeps failing to install on all my computers and servers running SQL Server 2016, It continues to try to install and then fails, like a nonstop loop. HOW do I get windows 10 or server 2016 to ignore this update, or how do I force it to install. when I run the <g class="gr_ gr_522 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim gr_inline_cards ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="522" id="522">msu</g> file it always attempts to extract or uncompress to the S DRIVE but then says not enough disk space. however, there is over a 1000 GB of free space on S drive.  Can I change the drive that it attempts to uncompress to say <g class="gr_ gr_2435 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim gr_inline_cards ContextualSpelling ins-del" data-gr-id="2435" id="2435">DRIVE  L</g>, M, or N, I am not sure how to command it to uncompress to a specific drive. however, I am not sure that this will work because on my servers the same thing happens and there are not external drives on the servers to uncompress too

<g class="gr_ gr_2321 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_run_anim gr_inline_cards ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="2321" id="2321">i</g> have a screenshot and can get logs if necessary

thanks

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 8:00 AM

All replies