List Picker drop down Content is not visible in windows phone Silverlight 8.1

• When opting "narrator" mode in "ease of access" in windows phone silverlight 8.1, List Picker drop down Content is not visible.Which Event will be raised when selection changes in List Picker.
    Wednesday, September 17, 2014 1:28 PM

All replies

• Hi RavindraChhabra,

According to your description, it’s not related to the development of windows phone 8.1. I assume you have some trouble with the usage of narrator in ease of access, I would recommend you open thread on consumer forum for effective response. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wpdp.

If you still have some questions about development, please post more information to make your problem clear. If I misunderstand you, please feel free to let me know.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, September 18, 2014 7:17 AM
  • Hi Ravindra,

What sort of app are you writing? Silverlight? Runtime? 8.0 or 8.1? Can you share on your OneDrive a minimal sample which demonstrates the problem and exact repro steps?

Are you using the ListPicker from the Windows Phone Toolkit? Or maybe the ListPickerFlyout class?

If you're using the Windows Phone Toolkit then you can examine the ListPicker's source. It should fire a SelectionChanged event when its Selection changes.

The ListPickerFlyout has an ItemsPicked event.

Either way Narrator shouldn't interfere with the drop-down's content being visible, although it does change the user-interaction so that you'll need to double-tap to invoke a control rather than single-tap. Just touching the control will describe it rather than invoking it.

Thursday, September 18, 2014 7:49 AM
  • Hi Rob,

1. Go To Settings => ease of access => Switch on "Narrator"

2. Open Sample app and Check List Picker.

List Picker drop down content is not visible.

Thursday, September 18, 2014 10:47 AM
  • That URL isn't resolving for me. Can you please verify it?

For the repro steps please give exact steps for checking the list picker along with a clear description of the expected behavior and how that differs from the actual behavior.

Thursday, September 18, 2014 11:12 PM
  • Windows phone Silverlight 8.1

<toolkit:ListPicker x:Name="ListPicker" IsEnabled="True"  SelectedIndex="3" SelectionChanged="ListPicker_SelectionChanged" >
                        <toolkit:ListPickerItem x:Name="Item1" Content="Item 1"  />
                        <toolkit:ListPickerItem x:Name="Item2" Content="Item 2"  />
                        <toolkit:ListPickerItem x:Name="Item3" Content="Item 3"  />
                        <toolkit:ListPickerItem x:Name="Item4" Content="Item 4" />

Case 1: When the above code run, a list of items is shown in ListPicker when Tapped.

Case 2: When "Narrator" is on, if the same code is run, ListPicker content is not visible other than "Item 4".

Expected Behaviour: ListPicker should display all items and expand while Tapped.

Friday, September 19, 2014 10:43 AM
  • Hi Ravindra,

Your expected behavior isn't correct. Narrator changes the touch language significantly. Tap means "read" rather than "open". You can then swipe to select the other items in the picker.

See http://www.windowsphone.com/en-CA/how-to/wp8/settings-and-personalization/use-narrator-on-my-phone

Monday, September 22, 2014 9:35 PM
  • When i am swiping List Picker Item 1 which is its Selected Item, list is not expanded and Item 2 is not visible.Just a yellow box is visible without any content in it.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 8:28 AM
  • Hi Ravindra,

That's a pretty benign problem since narrator users are unlikely to be watching the screen, but you can report it on the Windows Phone Toolkit's Issues page at http://phone.codeplex.com/workitem/list/basic

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 11:33 PM